Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blonde Moment

So something mortifying happened today...but I figured it might give everyone a good laugh.

The story begins with me at the gym-I was planning on doing a light run today because I'm pretty sore from my 15km long run yesterday. So after 30 minutes of running on the treadmill, I made my way over to the elliptical to cool down a bit. So far, this sounds like a pretty normal day at the gym...don't be fooled!

But then, I noticed over my headphones that the elliptical was making awful crashing noises; I began investigating and saw that the front swinging arm was catching on the side of the machine. It was at this point when the blonde devil on my shoulder decided it would be a really good idea to put my hand in there. Yes, you read correctly, I put my hand between a rotating arm and a stationary object.

I can't even explain how much it hurt! As many of you know, I handle pain relatively well...however, I can't stomach things that look painful. As I'm staring at my stuck-in-the-elliptical hand, I began to completely panic. I could not get it out and there was no one else around. After attempting to move the arm and realizing it only got tighter before it could get looser, I could feel nausea encroaching. After a few more seconds of me slowly maneuvering my hand out of the machine I could feel the blood rushing out of my face, the sweat pouring out of my body, and then...the vomit.

I was completely mortified. There I was alone in the gym, hand stuck in the elliptical with vomit on the floor; this was not my proudest moment. Clearly, my body overreacted and decided that going into shock was the best way to handle this situation.

In hindsight, I'm glad there was no one else around to witness this. I was able to get my hand out finally, take a few breaths with my head between my knees, pour some water on my face, wipe up the nothing-but-water puke, and continue (extremely embarrassed) on my way.

I just don't think I'm cut out for being a Belle...


No comments:

Post a Comment