Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring Fever


Today was such a tease! It was so sunny and beautiful outside that it made me feel like summer is just around the corner! I walked by the pool at our complex feeling like a caged animal, it was 14 degrees here but apparently I was the only one who felt that swimming would have been appropriate...
Tomorrow it's supposed to be even nicer and I'm so looking forward to doing my long training run out in the sunshine. It will be the perfect day! I must say this weather is making me very antsy for spring break :) One. More. Test. and then I'm free to soak up the sun with Luke Bryan and George Strait in South Carolina, woohoo!


 
Campus is always so beautiful on sunny days, so while I was waiting at the doctor's office, I snapped a few photos. A very cute and unique feature of the campus is the Shoe Tree (picture below). Basically, if you happen to meet the love of your life while attending Murray State, once you get married you attach your shoes to the tree! Such a cute tradition, and there's even some baby shoes on there that people put up once they have kids!

 
But have no fear! At this rate I will not be contributing to the shoe tree, and I will be returning to cozy Canada without a Southern cowboy (despite their intriguing sexiness).
 

 
On a somewhat eerie side note, the birds in Kentucky give me the heebee jeebees! This video is of a huge flock of black birds straight out of a Hitchcock film that gave me the creeps. The worst part was that everything was silent except for the birds and the bell tower...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment