Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Finding happiness!

Despite my last post, things are as happy and go-lucky as can be here in Murray KY. If you ignore my first bike accident, the freezing winds, and my disgusting roommates...things are really shaping up! This quote is keeping me inspired to continue making the most of my trip.



Okay so it hasn't been the best week, but I've begun to find comfort in the little things around here to keep my chin up. Things can only get better!

 The first exciting news is that our county is hosting a half marathon in April! This means that I'll need a strict schedule to get in shape on time, but I have about six weeks to train for it. Hopefully I can find some running buddies that are also interested in running the race :) wish Kayla was here though!




I have been running since I got down here, but more like "casual running" about three times a week. However, I started into my training on Monday at the stadium stairs! Such a beautiful place to sweat it out, had a great run!




Secondly, even though there is no Starbucks in town (and worse-no Second Cup in the country), I have found a heavenly study sanctuary. This morning, heaven shined light down through the Kentucky fog onto Fidalgo Bay. I love supporting this locally owned family business, and they make some damn good lattes!
In all my grumpy glory, I stumbled in here early this morning with very low expectations-how could anywhere be as good as the Rocky Ridge Second Cup?! Well I was so pleasantly surprised it almost brought me to tears (sadly, I'm not joking about the tears-I've been on an emotional roller coaster these days). On the outside, it looks like just another coffee shop, but on the inside it is such a homey little sanctuary and I can't wait to spend all my time here! I came to study before class aaaaaand guess where my bike took me after my run? Yes, as we speak I am blogging at Fidalgo  Bay, happy as a little clam. Thank you Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment