Monday, February 11, 2013

Vin Rouge


The devil himself has cast a dark shadow over Murray, KY. I for one, could not be happier about this! Murray got it's first liquor store and the grand opening was this past weekend while I was away! My excitement when I heard this news was not to be taken lightly; as my red wine craving was encroaching quickly and things were about to get ugly without it.
The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was try to google where the heck this little gem was located in town. The limiting factor in this equation was whether or not it's within biking distance from my house...
As it turns out, it is within biking distance...40 minutes worth of distance, but totally worth it. Plus the calories burned getting the wine will counter balance my indulgence ;) I've never pedaled so hard in my life, the old Roadmaster was reaching top speeds along Sycamore Ave.

Yes, I know what you're thinking...this place looks like a total dive. Well you are right in your thinking, it is a divey little joint on the sketchy side of town. But beggars can't be choosers, and Friendly's will be booming with my business. Despite the sketchy exterior, I met the owner today during my stop who seemed, you guessed it, quite friendly. It may have been because he was at least half cut, but telling me I was a "sight for sore eyes" with a Southern accent while holding a big old bottle of cab sav really won me over!

The wine choices were limited to say the least (Sutter Home, please be good to me), but I was assured that the store would take custom orders for any wine I desired. Mr. Friendly also promised that he would keep the cab sav and malbecs stocked just for moi!
Since then, I've been counting down the minutes until 5pm so I can crack this baby! Happy Monday everyone, looks like Valentine's Day is shaping up after all!

To add, I would like to remind you all never to take corkscrews and wine glasses for granted; for life without them is quite stressful.









Also, it leads to some problems. Such as having to push the cork inside, and spilling wine all over your white comforter (yes I was opening wine in my bed, don't judge).









Scissor innovation paid off in the end though :) and resulted in a happy Ellis sipping sweet Sutter Home nectar from a coffee mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment