Sunday, January 27, 2013

Winter Weather?

Something I still can't get over is the weather warnings that we have down here. The other night, there was a "winter weather warning" that called for falling sheet ice. My roommates were convinced that classes were going to be cancelled because the roads would be unsafe. Basically, the whole town went on standby for the remainder of the evening. I was a bit concerned-I mean, when we get warnings at home it's usually pretty serious and it effects the morning commute and such.
However, when I left extra early for class the next morning, I could not help but literally laugh out loud.



 
 
 
Granted, the grass was a little bit crunchy and you had to watch your step on the sidewalks. Oh, and god forbid (oops you can't "curse" here in the bible belt) everyone had to pull out their ice scrapers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment