Wednesday, January 30, 2013

¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!

So, this weekend I had my very first Taco Bell experience. To my Canadian followers: I do realize we have Taco Bell in Canada, so please don't think I came all the way to KY to have a 89 cent taco.
As with many things, I'm sure Taco Bell in Calgary is a little bit different than the one here...otherwise I've probably been missing out on great tacos for 23 years.




Anyways, my new American friends were so excited to take me for my first "T'Bell" meal this past weekend. We arrived, and there I stood, in front of a huge glowing menu of cheap greasy food.

My friends would like to remind you that
 late night T'Bell trips don't reveal true beauty.
 
If you're a close friend, you're probably thinking "Ellis must have had an anxiety attack!". Inside, I was definitely having a small, encroaching attack; but I suppressed my fear of fast food and put on a brave face for my new friends. I distracted my frantic brain with these entertaining hot sauce packets while our food was being made.



After some collaboration, I decided on the volcano taco and fiesta potatoes--anything spicy was right up my alley. At the time, this was a great idea. However, the next day there was definitely a fiesta volcano...sorry, too much information.







The general consensus from my perspective of T'Bell:

Definitely worth it at the time; a cheap and tasty meal when you don't feel like a big burger. Regrettably, the aftermath is a pricey experience in itself. I would suggest weighing the gastrointestinal pros and cons of eating cheap tacos.

Love,

the extra spicy southern belle



1 comment: